Job posting: Field Director
From time to time I get organizations wanting to post positions here, and I’m happy to pass them on. Please note that I have no personal experience with this organization and have not vetted this ad in any way!
Field Director, Team Leader, Greece
Project Hope 4 Kids is a non – governmental, humanitarian organization working to help refugees by creating sustainable projects in the field as well as gathering and distributing aid to the displaced populations in Greece.
Millions of people have been forced to flee their homes by conflict and crisis than at any time since World War II. When the EU borders closed in March 2016, this caused 55,000+ refugees to be stranded in Greece for an indefinite period of time. Thousands and thousands are now living and waiting in government run military camps throughout Greece. Project Hope 4 Kids is providing much needed relief in one of these camps in Greece. We have been working in this particular camp full time since mid – June 2016 where we provide an art therapy program and daily activities for the 200+ children in the camp as well as help run the school program for the children by partnering with the teachers in the camp and teaching the English lessons on a day to day basis.
We are now looking for a full time Field Director and Team Leader for this camp in Greece. Positions of this kind are competitive and hard to come by. This is a tremendous way to obtain hands on field experience in a dynamic and ever changing environment and can lead to amazing opportunities for career growth. You will be working directly in the field and will obtain the experience of a lifetime. We offer a small monthly stipend for this position. If you meet the criteria below and you are passionate, strong, a self starter, determined and most importantly have an immense compassion for the refugee crisis, then please apply by emailing your experience + resume to Erin @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also very interested in applicants who would like to do their practicum or internship with us. Project Hope 4 Kids will work closely with your University program to make sure your objectives and goals are met and at the same time give you direct, hands on field experience that is crucial for advancement in this type of field.
- Capacity to understand and carry out our projects by discovering, researching and continuing to improve our focuses in our camp by working cohesively within the camp along with other key organizations and the military.
- Teach and instruct our school program in partnership with the teachers
- Coordinate the day to day art activities with the children
- Continue the art program for the children by showing strong leadership skills and the ability to take on numerous tasks simultaneously
- Work alongside and support and empower the residential teachers by providing them resources and teaching the english classes on a daily basis
- Involve and inform local authorities about the activities and insure all projects are in line with national regulations.
- Be able to show through weekly reports and photographs the success or improvements that are needed in our projects
Field Director, Team Leader, Greece
• Supervise, train and develop incoming volunteers Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree required from a University
- 2+ month commitment
- Prefer a Masters or entering the Masters field in humanitarian, public health or crisis work or related field.
- Be able to show documented results related to the positions responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership and skills
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Knowledge or fluency in additional languages is an advantage.
- Demonstrated behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice with little to no direction and be able to manage a very stressful environment.
- Start Date October 10th approximately
For additional information about Project Hope 4 Kids, you can find us on Facebook @ “ProjectHope4Kids”.